Ark. Code Ann. § 26-37-109 – Redemption of tax-delinquent lands not transferred.

real estate law

Ark. Code Ann. § 26-37-109 – Redemption of tax-delinquent lands not transferred.

(a) (1) A county collector may charge a fee of two dollars and fifty cents ($2.50) for the issuance of each certificate of land redemption for each parcel of tax-delinquent land redeemed in the county collector’s office.

(2) The fee under this subsection shall be deposited into the county general fund.

(b) The county collector shall accept payment for the redemption of tax-delinquent land that has not been transferred to the Commissioner of State Lands.

(c) The county collector shall pay over to the county treasurer on the first of each month or within ten (10) days thereafter all amounts collected under this section. However, upon a certificate of distribution of the amounts collected under this section being prepared by the county clerk or county collector, which certificate of distribution shall be issued on or before the thirtieth day of each month, the county treasurer shall transfer to the various funds the amount due each fund, such as the county, school, or municipality fund, from the amounts collected under this section.

Sale or Forfeiture of Real Property

Remember:  The law often changes, and this website does not offer a complete compilation of Arkansas law. Each case and situation is different. This webpage is meant to give you general information and not to give you specific legal advice. 

If you need help:

If you need assistance with your Real Estate matter in Arkansas, please contact Deborah at The Hardin Law Firm, PLC.  For our out-of-state clients, we are available via phone, fax, and email, to assist you with your real estate needs.

ATTORNEY: Learn more about Deborah L. Hardin.

SERVING: Cabot, Beebe, Ward, Searcy, Jacksonville, Lonoke County, White County, Faulkner County, and other central Arkansas areas. We also routinely serve out-of-state clients, who require representation in Arkansas.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this web site is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

 Last updated: June 13, 2016 at 18:59 pm