What is an Action for Quiet Title?

action to quiet titleAction for Quiet Title

An Action for Quiet Title is used to establish an individual as the proper owner of real estate property.

This lawsuit attempts to prevent others from claiming any ownership of the property in question.  The plaintiff (property owner) has the burden of proving that he/she owns the title to the property.  If the plaintiff is successful, the court will issue a decree establishing and quieting title for the property owner.

How does a property owner end up in the position of needing an Action for Quiet Title?

Property changes hands frequently, when the owner:

  • buys or sells the property;
  • gets married or divorced;
  • changes his or her name;
  • gives or receives the property as a gift;
  • leaves or receives the property in a will or intestate;
  • neglects to prevent others from adversely possessing the property; or
  • doesn’t pay property tax.

People may have failed to have their names added to, or removed from, a property title during these transactions.  When discrepancies appear in the title history, it is no longer clear exactly who the property belongs to.

If you have purchased your property from a tax deed sale, we can also help clear the title.

What should you do if you need help clearing your title?  If you are in the central Arkansas are, contact Deborah from The Hardin Law Firm, PLC, or a qualified real estate attorney in your area.

If you need assistance with your Action to Quiet Title in Arkansas, please contact Deborah L. Hardin of The Hardin Law Firm, PLC.  For our out-of-state clients, we are available via phone, fax, and email, to assist you with your real estate needs.

ATTORNEY: Learn more about attorney Deborah L. Hardin.  Deborah is a zealous advocate for all of her clients.

SERVING: The Hardin Law Firm, PLC serves Cabot, Beebe, Ward, Searcy, Jacksonville, Lonoke County, White County, Faulkner County, and other central Arkansas areas. We also routinely serve out-of-state clients, who require representation in Arkansas.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this web site is intended to convey general information. It should not be construed as legal advice or opinion. It is not an offer to represent you, nor is it intended to create an attorney-client relationship.